Wine Communicator of the Year Awards
Entries are now open for WCA’s prestigious annual Wine Communicator of the Year Awards, which this year will be offered in 10 categories.
Following judges feedback in 2016, both the ‘Best Wine Book’ and ‘Best Wine Publication’ will this year be split in to two distinct categories, technical and trade, and consumer. A new category has also been developed for Best Wine Public Relations Campaign.
“We felt it necessary to split the two awards into different categories, to better reflect the technical and trade and consumer media industries,” said WCA National Chair Angus Barnes. “The introduction of the Best Wine Public Relations Campaign Award also highlights the great work being produced for wine brands across the nation. “We look forward to reviewing this year’s entries and the quality standard of work consistently being produced in the wine media industry.”
Entries are sought in the following categories, with the overall Wine Communicator of the Year selected from category winners.
• Best Wine Book Award (Trade, Technical) – Award Partner Calabria Family Wines
• Best Wine Book Award (Consumer) – Awards Partner Calabria Family Wines
• Best Wine Publication Award (Trade, Technical) – Awards Partner Pernod Ricard Wines
• Best Wine Publication Award (Consumer) – Awards Partner Pernod Ricard Wines
• Digital Wine Communicator of the Year Award – Awards Partner the drinks association
• Best Wine Website or Wine App Award – Awards Partner Wine-Searcher
• Best Published Feature Articles or Column Award – Awards Partner Treasury Wine Estates
• Best Wine Educator Award – Awards Partner Ehrenberg Bass Institute
• Best Public Relations Campaign – Supported by Wine Communicators of Australia
• New Wine Writer of the Year – Awards Partner Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine
Entries close on Thursday 31 August 2017, with winners to be announced at a special presentation night in Sydney on Wednesday 1 November 2017, which will be sponsored by Riedel Australia.
The annual WCA Wine Communicator Awards recognise outstanding contribution to, and excellence in, wine communication in all its forms. In each category, a short list of finalists is reviewed and selected by the panel of expert judges. A winner is then chosen in consultation with WCA Board. The overall Wine Communicator of the Year is then chosen from the category winners.
Information and entry criteria can be found here
For interviews contact Angus Barnes on 0407 615 132