Wine Communicators of Australia Ltd (WCA) is a public company limited by guarantee and regulated by ASIC, under the Australian Corporations Act 2011. WCA is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012(Privacy Amendment Act) which made many significant changes to the Privacy Act 1988 and the Statue Update Act 2016.
These amendments commenced on 23 September 2016.
What Personal Information does WCA collect and why?
WCA collects personal information about you in order to provide notification of events and industry information, to send newsletters and to maintain our responsibilities in running a not-for-profit Company Limited By Guarantee, registered by ASIC. This includes your ongoing membership of WCA until you notify us of your resignation by email at email@example.com.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, employment details and your credit card details which are all stored securely on and recorded by WCA and are maintained securely on a Secure Server Software (SSL) database. When WCA holds information about an individual, on request by that individual we will allow them reasonable access to their personal information, without compromising the security of other individual’s personal information. Should an individual request their personal information be destroyed and cease to be collected, WCA will comply with this upon written request including your notification of resignation from WCA.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When you register for an event or renew your membership, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information. Confidential information, such as your email address and credit card details are not stored on the web server but on an SSL database, which is protected against unauthorised access.
Will Wine Communicators of Australia Inc disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Wine Communicators of Australia takes your privacy very seriously and will not pass your details to any necessary third party without your permission. In some circumstances information may need to be provided to a third party; e.g. to a postal or delivery company to make a delivery to you. WCA does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Complaints and Contact details
If you are concerned that your personal information has been mishandled, or if you wish to obtain additional information about the way we handle Privacy issues, you can contact us.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy.
- We use the information we collect on the site to maintain your contact details and to maintain your membership of the organisation until you advise us of your resignation.
- We also use information to register you for events, to inform you about relevant industry information.
- We use Mailchimp and your information may be included on this database platform.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
- If you never want to receive any event announcements, event publicity or newsletter emails from us please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Future communication from us will be restricted to corporate and organisational announcements as required under the Corporations Act 2011.
- If you no longer wish to be a member of WCA, the constitution requires you to advise us of your resignation in writing to email@example.com
The last update of this Policy was 10 May 2017.