What Personal Information does WCA collect and why?
WCA collects personal information about you in order to provide notification of events and other relevant industry information. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, employment details and credit card information.
When WCA holds information about an individual, on request by that individual we will allow them reasonable access to their personal information, without compromising the security of other individual’s personal information. Should an individual request their personal information be destroyed and cease to be collected, WCA will comply with this request.
The WCA uses third party provider Mail Chimp as their database resource. When you sign up to receive updates, be a member, subscribe to our newsletter or participate in a webinar, your information including your name, email address, company or professional details, address details and phone number, is stored on this platform. We then communicate with you via this platform.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When you register for an event or renew your membership, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Confidential information, such as your email address and credit card details is not stored on the web server but on WCA’s own database, which is protected against unauthorised access.
Will Wine Communicators of Australia Inc disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Wine Communicators of Australia does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Complaints and Contact details
If you are concerned that your personal information has been mishandled, or if you wish to obtain additional information about the way we handle Privacy issues, you can contact us.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy.
- We use the information we collect on the site to register you for events and to maintain your contact details to inform you about relevant industry information.
- We use your information on Mailchimp which we use as a newsletter database resource to communicate with you about events and WCA news. You are able to unsubscribe from this database at anytime.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
- If you never want to receive any announcements or further emails from us please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.