The Wine Industry Mentor Program is designed so that both mentee and mentor gain value from the program and foster strong relationship with each other and their peers. At the conclusion of the program, it is anticipated that:
- Mentee will:
- Develop their career and leadership readiness skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence and ability to communicate their views and opinions to people in a professional context
- Construct and monitor a plan for career preparation and early career development
- Reflect critically and self-evaluate on their skills, capabilities and needs in relation to career preparation and early career performance
- Achieved the initial objectives and goals as well as have program expectations met
- Enhanced understanding of the wine communications profession and sector
- Mentor will:
- See the growth and development of their mentee
- Develop a touch point of young wine sector professionals of today
- Have enhanced awareness and inclusive leadership capabilities through reflections triggered by the perspective of the mentee
The Wine Industry Mentor Program runs for 6 months over the period of May – October.
Pairing of mentor and mentee
Each successful mentee is paired with a mentor based on personality-fit, experience and interests, desired career path and location.
Administration of the program
The Program Facilitator will administer the Wine Industry Mentor Program with the support of the other program partners for the 6 month duration.
Program deliverables and events
During the program the mentee, with the support of the mentor, will have certain obligations including:
• Attending the initial meet and greet (in person or via phone/digital)
• Attending one-on-one meetings at least once per month for 6 months (in person or via phone/digital)
• Submitting to WCA post-program feedback and testimonial