Last night saw Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) announce the winners of the 2021 Wine Communicator Awards eleven categories, including the overall Wine Communicator of the Year.
The annual Wine Communicator Awards recognises outstanding contribution to, and excellence in, wine communication in all its forms. Now in its twelfth year, support for the Wine Communicator Awards continues to grow and in 2021 we received a great response to the three new categories: Best New Blog or Podcast, Best Wine-Themed Event and Best Wine Communicator – Cellar Door.
Fifteen experienced and respected wine industry professionals were selected to judge and with such a high calibre of entries it wasn’t an easy task.
The category award winners are:
Best Wine Marketing Communications Campaign (Individual or Team)
- Taylors Wines’ mission to save the seahorses / Blend Public Relations & Common Ventures
Best Wine Blog or Podcast
- James Atkinson for Drinks Adventures Podcast
Best Published Feature Article or Wine Column
- Katie Spain
Best Wine Serial Publication
- Wine Business Solutions for The Wine Paper
Best New Wine Book
- Soul Publishing for Wine, Beer & Spirits of the Fleurieu by Rojina McDonald
Best Wine Website or App
- Wine Australia for Australian Wine Connect
Best Wine-Themed Event
- Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm for Vino Camino
Best Wine Communicator – Cellar Door
- Rebecca Barr, Fernfield Wines
Best Wine Educator
- Dr Rebecca Dolan, The University of Adelaide
Best Wine Student
- Ruchira Ranaweera, The University of Adelaide
Read full press release HERE.