Lynda Schenk, appointed to Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) as their Executive Officer, 8 August 2016 has made the difficult decision to leave the business at the end of August so that she can focus her attention 100% on her business, Purple Giraffe.
WCA would like to take the opportunity to thank Lynda for her hard work and contribution to WCA over the past four years. Lynda has been instrumental in:
- developing the inaugural Wine Industry Mentor Program in partnership with The University of Adelaide
- re-invigorating the Wine Media Cadetship for aspiring young people in the field of wine media and communications in partnership with Adelaide, a Great Wine Capital Network
- launching new Wine Communicator Awards categories including – Best Public Relations Campaign and Best Wine Student Awards
- bringing the Wine Media Conference to Australia (the first time it was held outside of North America in its 12 year history)
- launching the China – Australia Wine Marketing Summit
- launching the inaugural combined Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology (ASVO) and WCA, Winning the Long Game Seminar
Lynda leaves WCA in an excellent financial position, the best WCA has experienced in the past half-decade. She will be sadly missed for her great passion, collaborative nature and dedication to the success of WCA and its members throughout her time as Executive Officer.
Read full press release here.