The Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) Royal Adelaide Wine & Spirits Awards Lunch, run in partnership with the Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society of SA, will be held at the Adelaide Showground on Friday 7 October 2022, 12.30 – 3.30pm.
Once again, the Show will showcase the best in both wines and spirits categories, featuring winners of the Royal Adelaide Wine Show and Royal Australian Spirit Awards. The top three wine show awards AND the Champion Spirit of Show will also be announced at the lunch, as listed below:
- Max Schubert AM Trophy for Most Outstanding Red Wine in Show
- George Fairbrother Memorial Trophy for Most Outstanding White Wine in Show
- Gramp Hardy Hill Smith Prize for Outstanding Wine of Provenance
- Champion Spirit of Show
The WCA Royal Adelaide Wine & Spirits Lunch is an opportunity to celebrate excellence in winemaking and distilling and immerse yourself in this year’s trophy and award-winning wines. Guests will hear details of the judging process from the Royal Adelaide Wine Show Chair of Judges and the Royal Australian Spirit Awards Chief Judge.
WCA Executive Officer, Andrew Stark, commented that “There was a tremendous atmosphere in the room last year as people reeconnected with fellow members of the wine community. This year will be even better as we continue to see an opening up of not only Australia but the world. The wines on show in Adelaide are always spectacular, so being able to share these world-class winners in person is always a priviledge.”
As in previous years, lunch ticket holders will be provided access to the Exhibitor & Trade Tasting – an opportunity to try over 2,500 different wines entered and over 1,000 medal-winning wines from the Wine Show at the Adelaide Showground.
Another highlight of the day is the announcement of the winner of the 2022 South Australian Legend of the Vine. This prestigious award recognises an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the Australian wine industry.
Along with enjoying noteworthy, award and trophy winning wines, guests will have the opportunity to win fantastic raffle prizes and celebrate in style with over 200 guests from all walks of the wine sector and wine lovers. Following the event, everyone is welcome to celebrate with after-party drinks at The Goody, a long-held tradition.
Lunch Event details:
- Ticket pricing: Individual Member $179.00 Individual Non-Member $209.00 Table Booking $1,750.00
- Location: Adelaide Showground – Ridley Centre, Goodwood Road, Wayville
- Date: Friday 7 October 2022
- Time: VIP Tasting access 11.30am-12.30pm, Lunch 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Book tickets: https://winecommunicators.com.au/event/2022-royal-adelaide-wine-spirits-awards-lunch/