Last night saw Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) announce the winners of the 2020 Wine Communicator Awards eleven categories, including the overall Wine Communicator of the Year.
The annual Wine Communicator Awards recognises outstanding contribution to, and excellence in, wine communication in all its forms. Now in its eleventh year, support for the Wine Communicator Awards continues to grow with over 90 entries received in 2020.
Sixteen experienced and respected wine industry professionals were selected to judge and with such a high calibre of entries it wasn’t an easy task. The Best New Wine Writer Award is judged independently.
The category award winners are:
- Best Wine Public Relations Campaign (Individual or Team) – Taylor Made Wines and Blend Public Relations
- Best Published Featured Articles or Wine Columns – Max Allen
- Best Digital Wine Communicator –Trish Barry, Mastermind Consulting
- Best Wine Website or Wine App – Australian Wine Discovered by Wine Australia
- Best Wine Student – Hayley Butler
- Best Wine Educator – TAFE SA Wine and Spirits School
- Best Wine Book (Technical, Trade or Consumer) – Intoxicating: Ten Drinks that Shaped Australia by Max Allen
- Best Wine Publication (Consumer) – Gourmet Traveller WINE
- Best New Wine Writer – Zachary Phillips, The Characters
On the night a ‘Recognition of Excellence Award’ was presented to the Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower and Winemaker Magazine. The judging panel unanimously agreed that this publication is at the top of its class and deserves recognition for its contribution to the wine industry despite the lack of entries this year for Best Wine Publication (Technical or Trade).
Read full press release here.