Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) is pleased to announce the finalists of the 9 categories for the 2022 Wine Communicator Awards.
We are extremely pleased with the quality and success that has come from all communicators within the wine industry this year.
Each entry is reviewed by a panel of expert judges and a winner is selected in consultation with the WCA Board. The overall Wine Communicator of the Year Award will then be chosen from the category winners by the WCA Board and announced at the award ceremony on Wednesday 23rd November 2022 in Sydney.
Tickets are now on sale to attend the Awards Ceremony, find out more here.
WCA’s Executive Officer Andrew Stark commented, “Our wine community has a richness of stories and story tellers, so it’s no surprise that we see that come through in the entries for the Wine Communicator of the Year awards. It’s always a pleasure to see the diversity and creativity within the sector, especially within the ever-growing digital channels as wine brands look for new ways to reach their audiences.”
The finalists for each category are:
Best Wine Marketing Communication Campaign (Individual or Team)
- Barossa Australia — The Barossa It’s Just Us Campaign
- Calabria Wines/Blend PR – Celebrating ‘true partnerships’ Campaign
- Yalumba Wines – International Viognier Day Campaign
Best Wine Blog or Podcast
- AWRI Decanted Podcast
- Drinks Adventures Podcast
- Wine with Meg + Mel Podcast
Best Published Feature Article or Wine Column
- Angus Hughson, The Australian
- Lisa Cardelli, Freelance Wine Writer
- Nicole Bilson, Freelance Wine Writer
Best New Wine Book
- The Wine Producers: A Taste of Barossa and A Taste of McLaren Vale, published by BudMedia and written by Katie Spain
- Weekends with Matt, published by Affirm Press and written by Peter Coleman and Matt Fowles
Best Wine Website or App
- Margaret River Wine Guide by Margaret River Wine Association
- Patina Wines
Best Wine-Themed Event
- Fine Vines Festival
- Riverland Uprising Showcase
- The Pairing Method: Food & Wine down to the element
Best Wine Communicator – Cellar Door (Individual or Team)
- Paris Hokin, Arlewood Estate
- Oliver’s Taranga Cellar Door Host Team
- Yalumba Wine Room Team
Best Wine Educator
- Cynthia Gemus, Yalumba Wines
- John Noble, Champagne Bureau Australia
- Tyson Stelzer’s Advanced Champagne Certificate
Best Wine Student
- Andrew Duff, Australian Vintage
- Karlee Cook, The University of Adelaide
- Laura Mezei, The University of Adelaide
The 2022 Wine Communicator Awards are proudly sponsored by: Accolade Wines, Calabria Wines, Liquid Ideas, Parallax Design, Pernod Ricard Winemakers, The University of Adelaide, Vinomofo and Wine Australia.