2020 Wine Communicator Awards Finalists
The annual WCA Wine Communicator Awards recognise outstanding contribution to, and excellence in, wine communication in all its forms.
In each category, a short list of finalists is reviewed and selected by the panel of expert judges. A winner is then chosen in consultation with WCA Board. The overall Wine Communicator of the Year is then chosen from the category winners. Previous winners have included Gourmet Traveller WINE, Tyson Stelzer, Jeni Port, Huon Hooke, Jane Ferrari, James Halliday, Campbell Mattinson, Gill Gordon-Smith, Max Allen and Barossa Grape & Wine Association. .
Please refer to the below summary of finalists for the 2020 Wine Communicator Awards.
Winners for each award category and the overall Wine Communicator of the Year will be announced online on Wednesday 18th November at the Awards Ceremony which everyone is welcome to attend. To find out more click here.
- Best Wine Public Relations Campaign (Individual or Team) – Award Partner, Winesave
- Barossa Grape & Wine Association
- Emily Levins, The Cru
- Taylor Made Wines & Blend Public Relations
- Best Published Feature Articles or Wine Columns – Award Partner, Accolade Wines
- Jeni Port
- Katie Spain
- Max Allen
- Best Digital Wine Communicator – Award Partner, Liquid Ideas
- James Atkinson, Drinks Adventures
- Kate Reekie, Taylors Wines
- Trish Barry, Mastermind Consulting
- Wine Yarra Valley
- Best Wine Website or Wine App – Award Partner, Wine Communicators of Australia
- Australian Wine Discovered, Wine Australia
- Barossawine.com, Barossa Grape & Wine Association
- Halliday Wine Companion, Hardie Grant
- Best Wine Educator – Award Partner, The University of Adelaide
- Marianna Sigala
- Sarah Andrew, DIPWSET (Honours)
- TAFE SA Wine and Spirits School
- Best Wine Book (Trade, Technical or Consumer) – Award Partner, Calabria Family Wines
- ‘Halliday Wine Companion 2021’ by James Halliday
- ‘Intoxicating: Ten Drinks that Shaped Australia’ by Max Allen
- ‘Rare Ozzies: a Hundred Wine Varieties Used in Australia’ by Darby Higgs
- Best Wine Publication (Consumer) – Award Partner, Pernod Ricard Winemakers
- Gomersal Wines
- Gourmet Traveller WINE
- Winestate Magazine
- Best New Wine Writer – Award Partner, Gourmet Traveller WINE
- Danni Chang, ‘Campaigning for Champagne in the 21st Century’
- Olivia Evans, ‘Bryan, a Beer and Bushfires’
- Zachary Phillips, ‘The Characters’
Congratulations to all finalists, wishing you the best of luck for the Awards Ceremony on November 18th !