Best Wine-Themed Event
This award is in recognition of an individual or team who has achieved extraordinary success from an innovative and effective event that promotes wine. It acknowledges wine-themed experiences that deliver significant returns against their success criteria, regardless of budget.
The event needs to be open to participants outside of the organisation that held the event. However, those participants can be either wine trade professionals or the general public; judging will be based on how well the event achieved its objectives, not necessarily the scale or expense of the event per se.
- Open to individuals or teams living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken a wine-themed event for an Australian wine brand or a wine brand distributed in Australia.
- Teams can submit an entry in conjunction with an agency or a third-party suppliers.
- The award category includes but is not limited to: brand launch, brand immersion, cellar door event, trade launch, or education-based event.
- Entries must have been published in the English language between 31 August 2020 and 31 August 2021.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
- Judges to assess and score each of the below four criteria out of 10.
- Judges to provide a final overall comment of the nomination assessing the quality of the application taking into account the whole application and its cumulative scores. This comment may be used for media purposes.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Effectiveness of the communicator – how the entry communication pieces are designed and tailored to the audience and medium.
- Relevance of the content to the audience and the industry.
- Creativity and originality of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience.
- Depth and breadth of wine knowledge, as well as the ability to convey that knowledge in a tone and manner appropriate to the target audience.
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), a framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2021 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
Entries have now closed for the 2021 Wine Communicator Awards.