Best Wine-Themed Event
This award is in recognition of an individual or team who has achieved extraordinary success from an innovative and effective event that promotes wine. It acknowledges wine-themed experiences that deliver significant returns against their success criteria, regardless of budget.
The event needs to be open to participants outside of the organisation that held the event. However, those participants can be either wine trade professionals or the general public; judging will be based on how well the event achieved its objectives, not necessarily the scale or expense of the event per se.
- Open to individuals or teams living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken a wine-themed event for an Australian wine brand or a wine brand distributed in Australia.
- Teams can submit an entry in conjunction with an agency or a third-party suppliers.
- The award category includes but is not limited to: brand launch, brand immersion, cellar door event, trade launch, or education-based event.
- Events or campaigns must have occurred between 31 August 2022 and 31 August 2023.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Details of the campaign, its structure and the clarity of its intended results.
- Relevance of the event to the audience and the industry.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in the event’s approach.
- The return on the campaign’s investment – how well did it perform against budget and metrics.
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $181.50), a category trophy and exclusive WCA 2023 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 WINE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS HAVE NOW CLOSED.