Best Wine Student
In recognition of excellence in wine studies by a current student, studying at tertiary level.
This award acknowledges an individuals’ high achievement in their studies, demonstrating exceptional research skills, thorough understanding of their wine topic and ability to communicate their findings in an outstanding piece of written work.
- Open to individuals or teams living in Australia and currently enrolled in a recognised Australian wine education course at University, TAFE or independent college.
- Entries need to be based on a research paper, project or assignment that has been conducted during the course of their studies (presented in a paper or project format).
- The research paper, project or assignment needs to have been published or submitted in the English language for marks between 31 August 2022 and 31 August 2023.
- If submitted for marks, please provide the final grade and markers commentary.
No entry fee applies to award nomination submissions for this category.
- Technical skill of the writer – grammatically sound style and construction
- Relevance of content to the audience and the industry
- Depth and display of knowledge on the topic
- Entertainment and creativity – ability to engage the reader
- Presentation and layout of the written work – is it end user friendly
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $181.50), a category trophy and exclusive WCA 2023 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 WINE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS HAVE NOW CLOSED.