Best Wine Student
In recognition of excellence in wine studies by a current student, studying at tertiary level.
This award acknowledges an individuals’ high achievement in their studies, demonstrating exceptional research skills, thorough understanding of their wine topic and ability to communicate their findings in an outstanding piece of written work.
- Open to individuals or teams living in Australia and currently enrolled in a recognized Australian wine education course at University, TAFE or independent college.
- Entries need to be based on research that has been conducted during the course of their studies (presented in a paper or project format).
- Research paper needs to have been published or handed in the English language for marks between 31 August 2018 and 31 August 2019.
- If handed in for marks please provide the final grade and markers commentary.
- Judges to assess and score each of the below five criteria out of 10.
- Judges to provide a final overall comment of the nomination assessing the quality of the application taken into account the whole application and its cumulative scores. This comment may be used for media purposes.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
• Technical skill of the writer – grammatically sound style and construction
• Relevance of content to the audience and the industry
• Depth and display of knowledge on the topic
• Entertainment and creativity – ability to engage the reader
• Presentation and layout of the publication – is it end user friendly
The winner will receive one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), promotion via the WCA website and its membership base, a specially designed framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2019 award-winner print and web graphics to use in your marketing and communications.
Entries are now CLOSED.