SOLD OUT – A video of this activity will be taken and will be made available on the WCA website
Wine Australia, IRI and Wine Intelligence will tag team to provide a comprehensive insight
into the Australian retail wine market on Friday 20 October 2017, at the Australian Wine Research
Institute in Adelaide.
Wine Australia will provide an introduction and overview of the market, IRI will interpret category trends and how they might translate to the wine market while Wine Intelligence will provide supplementary insights through the eyes of the consumer.
IRI’s Channel Development Director, David Shukri, will deliver insights on broad grocery category performance identifying trends that are likely to cross-over to alcohol.
The categories covered will include:
- top line channel performance across grocery
- the ‘connected consumer (impact of digital in shopper decision)
- health and wellbeing trends, and
- development of the private label market in Australia.
Wine Intelligence Country Manager, Australia and New Zealand Liz Lee said while Australia was a mature and developed wine market there were some signs of ‘trading up’ as consumers sought quality over quantity.
The topics Ms Lee will be covering include:
- Australian regular wine drinker consumer segmentation
- growth in the sparkling and rosé categories
- expansion of varietals sought, and growing importance of regionality
- natural, biodynamic and organic wines, and
- direct to consumer channels.
Bookings are required to attend this free event as seats are limited.