Best Wine Educator
In recognition of an individual, group or institution with a proven ability to communicate and impart wine knowledge in an engaging and formal education-based manner, both in writing and face-to-face formal workshops or classes.
This award is open to university or TAFE lecturers, sommeliers, wine educators or conference presenters.
- Open to people living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken an initiative, or undertake an ongoing role, that aims to lift wine industry or consumer education and training in Australian wines.
- Entries must include activities that took place in the English language between 31 August 2018 and 31 August 2019.
- Download and complete the editable PDF entry form. CLICK HERE
- Please ensure you complete all sections (noting word limits where they apply) by typing under the relevant headings
- Please submit a minimum of one and a maximum of four (4) examples highlighting the body of work. Examples can include written presentation or online material used, recording OR video of educational event or initiative undertaken, OR testimonials from participants
- In the case of online media please provide the URL and links to archived content where possible. If the sites are in any way password protected, you must provide full instructions and passwords.
- The entry fee is $55 (inc. GST). Attach your completed entry form along with any supporting material to your payment which can be made below
Judges will consider the following:
- Technical skill of the educator – how the submitted education pieces/presentations are designed and tailored to the audience
- Relevance of the educational content to the audience and the industry
- Creativity and originality of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience
- Professional achievements and actions of the educator
- Depth an display of knowledge on the topic
The winner will receive one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), promotion via the WCA website and its membership base, a specially designed framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2019 award-winner print and web graphics to use in your marketing and communications.