Best Wine Educator
In recognition of an individual, group or institution with a proven ability to communicate and impart wine knowledge in an engaging and formal education-based manner, both in writing and face-to-face formal workshops or classes.
This award is open to university or TAFE lecturers, sommeliers, wine educators or conference presenters.
- Open to people living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken an initiative, or undertake an ongoing role, that aims to lift wine industry or consumer education and training in Australian wines.
- Entries must include activities that took place in the English language between 31 August 2018 and 31 August 2019.
Judges will consider the following:
- Technical skill of the educator – how the submitted education pieces/presentations are designed and tailored to the audience
- Relevance of the educational content to the audience and the industry
- Creativity and originality of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience
- Professional achievements and actions of the educator
- Depth an display of knowledge on the topic
The winner will receive one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), promotion via the WCA website and its membership base, a specially designed framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2019 award-winner print and web graphics to use in your marketing and communications.
Entries are now CLOSED.