Best Wine Educator
In recognition of an individual, group or institution with a proven ability to communicate and impart wine knowledge in an engaging and formal education-based manner, both in writing and face-to-face formal workshops or classes.
This award is open to university or TAFE lecturers, sommeliers, wine educators or conference presenters.
- Open to people living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken an initiative, or undertake an ongoing role, that aims to lift wine industry or consumer education and training in Australian wines.
- Entries must include activities that took place in the English language between 31 August 2020 and 31 August 2021.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Technical skill of the educator – how the submitted education pieces/presentations are designed and tailored to the audience
- Relevance of the educational content to the audience and the industry
- Creativity and originality of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience
- Professional achievements and actions of the educator
- Depth and display of knowledge on the topic
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), a framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2021 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
Entries have now closed for the 2021 Wine Communicator Awards.