Best Wine Educator
In recognition of an individual, group or institution with a proven ability to create, communicate, and impart Australian wine-specific knowledge in an engaging and formal education-based manner, both in writing and face-to-face workshops or classes.
This award is open to university or TAFE lecturers, sommeliers, wine educators or conference presenters who are active in building knowledge about wine and how to communicate to others about wine.
- Open to people living and working in Australia who work in or in conjunction with the wine industry and who have undertaken an initiative, or undertake an ongoing role, that aims to lift trade or consumer education and training in Australian wines and their stories.
- Entries must include activities that took place in the English language between 31 August 2022 and 31 August 2023.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Originality – how much of the material was created or substantively adapted by the educator.
- Technical skill of the educator – how the submitted education pieces/presentations are designed and tailored to the audience
- Relevance of the educational content to the audience
- Creativity and appropriateness of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience
- Professional achievements and actions of the educator
- Depth and display of knowledge on the topic
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $181.50), a category trophy and exclusive WCA 2023 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 WINE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS HAVE NOW CLOSED.