Best Wine Blog or Podcast
In recognition of outstanding work by an online wine communicator in any serial digital category including video, vodcast/vlog, podcast, or blog.
This award acknowledges both the quality of the series, as well as innovation, contemporary and clever use of a suite of communication tools now available to the modern wine communicator in a serial format. It focuses on the quality and breadth of content, as well as level of audience engagement, rather than the production budget.
- Open to individuals or organisations or businesses who publish wine-focused series in a digital format including using blogs, podcasts, TV, video and social media platforms. A ‘series’ must contain at least three separate posts of similar format on the same platform.
- Entries must have been published in the English language between 31 August 2020 and 31 August 2021.
- Content must be 90% exclusively digital or online content and must not simply be reporting of printed content.
- Promotion and fostering of conversations via social media platforms may be taken into account but this content cannot form the majority of the body of work submitted for judging.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Effectiveness of the communicator – how the entry communication pieces are designed and tailored to the audience and medium.
- Relevance of the content to the audience and the industry.
- Creativity and originality of content – ability to engage and entertain the audience.
- Depth and breadth of wine knowledge, as well as the ability to convey that knowledge in a tone and manner appropriate to the target audience.
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), a framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2021 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
Entries close Friday 3 September 2021.
ENTER NOW – Instructions
- Download the 2021 Awards Entry Form (Word format) HERE, complete the form and save as PDF.
- Once step 1 is complete, click HERE to fill in your contact details and pay entry fee. Click SUBMIT to complete your nomination.
Please complete ALL STEPS in the Awards entry process, failure to do so may result in your entry not being considered.