Best New Wine Book
In recognition of a recently published book (print or digital) which supports Australian wine in a compelling, well-written and well-presented format. This includes books whose content is relevant to consumers, trade or a technical audience.
This award acknowledges a published book with demonstrated depth of knowledge, engaging and professional content targeted to its chosen audience.
- Entries must have been published in the English language.
- The book must be available for sale within the Australian market (both online and/or in store).
- At least 25% of the content of the book needs to be about Australian wine or show a strong Australian connection through its story and/or wine personalities.
- Open to book writers, which communicate about wine in a printed or digital format.
An entry fee of $55 inc GST applies to every award nomination submission for this category.
The judges will consider the following with reference to each nomination:
- Language skill of the writer – sound grammar, style and construction.
- Relevance of content to the audience and the industry.
- Depth and display of knowledge on the topic.
- Original and creative editorial – ability to engage the reader with original content from the author.
- Presentation and layout of the publication – is it end user friendly.
The winner will receive: one year’s membership to WCA (valued at $170), a framed award certificate and exclusive WCA 2023 award-winner print and web graphics to use in personal marketing and communications.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 WINE COMMUNICATOR AWARDS HAVE NOW CLOSED.